Thursday, July 29, 2004

 

"God bless that fist, Samir!"

Blackfive asks, "Did you ever wonder who that guy was holding Saddam on the ground?" His name is Samir, an Iraqi who fled that country in 1991 and eventually settled in St. Louis. He worked for the military as an interpreter in Iraq, and just happened to be the guy who pulled Saddam from his spider hole. Here's an excerpt from KSDK-TV in St. Louis:

In Arabic Samir said he continued to pursuade Saddam to come out. He was about to come face to face with the tyrant who killed his loved ones. Saddam was the reason he fled Iraq in 1991 and eventually moved to St. Louis.

Samir says, "I was like, 'I got him.'" We all reached him and pulled him out. And we say Saddam Hussein he looks really old. He looks disgusting." There was also anger. "You want to beat the crap out of him. He destroyed millions in Iraq. I'm one. I left my family 13 years ago because of him."

Saddam couldn't fight back, but he did speak out. "He called me a spy. He called me a traitor. I had to punch him in face. They had to hold me back. I got so angry I almost lost my mind. I didn't know what to do. Choke him to death. That's really not good enough."


Omar at "Iraq the Model" probably speaks for most Iraqis when he says "God bless that fist Samir. That punch was from ALL Iraqis."






Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?